We believe in breeding our best individuals, not all individuals. We breed select bitches who have earned titles, are structurally sound, have passed all health tests recommended by our national breed club (PRA, OFA Hips, OFA Thyroid), and have outstanding traits and features we are looking to continue in the breed.
Generally, we space our litters 18 months apart. We keep a waiting list for puppies. Occasionally we place adult retired show dogs.
How we raise our litters
All of our puppies are raised in our home. Our goal is to raise confident, biddable dogs that can interact with the world and adapt to new situations. In these early crucial weeks we are handling and socializing each puppy to develop their minds and connection with people.
Mom and litter have their own whelping room initially, and then we move puppies into the main part of the house..
We make sure our puppies hear all the everyday sounds of a house–pans in the kitchen, vacuum cleaners, television. They get used to different surfaces and textures–sherpa mats, tile, wood, grass, rock. Toys and chew material are rotated frequently so puppies interact with hard, soft, squeaky, and many colored items. We touch every part of every puppy every day and do routine grooming, nails, electric clipper, washing ears, and being on a grooming table. They see our older dogs, children, and go outside where they interact with what nature has to offer, butterflies, apples, flowers, insects, leaves, snow. We use a “potty box” so puppies learn not to soil where they sleep, get them used to crates, and they have several car trips.
This early socialization means that puppies transition easily to new homes, and new owners if they keep building on this work with more socialization and training have a great head start towards a trained dog.
- Back Litter (Jan. 2023) (Ch Touchstone’s Chill Out x Ch Anamacara Right Back At You)
- Future Litter (July, 2022) (Ch Cairncross Graceland x Ch Anamacara Look To the Future)
- Look Litter (January, 2022) (MBISS Anamacara At the Stroke of Midnight x Ch Anamacara Look To the Future)
- Right Litter (September, 2021) (Ch Cairncross Graceland x Ch Anamacara Right Back At You)
- If Litter (October 2019) (Ch Quailfield’s Prelude to a Kiss X Ch Anamacara If I Ruled the World)
- At Litter (April, 2018) (Ch Shadowmere’s Storm Chaser x Ch U-Ch URO2 Anamacara Love at First Sight BN CD RE PCD CGC)
- To Litter (May 2017) Ch Touchstone’s Out of the Blue ROM x Ch U-Ch URO1 Anamacara Welcome to My World)
- World Litter (February 2016) Ch Lunn’s Running with Scissors X Ch U-Ch URO1 Anamacara Welcome to My World)
- Ready Litter (August 2015) (Ch Redking’s History Repeats x Anamacara Ready or Not)
- Be Litter (October 2014) (GCh Cairncross Concierge with Tullane x GCh Anamacara To Be or Not to Be CGC)
- Love Litter (March 2014) (Ch Erinfyr Trade Rumor x GCh Anamacara Love Me or Leave Me CD RE CGC)
- My Litter (February 2012) (Ch Redking’s History Repeats x U-Ch Anamacara Me and My Shadow CGC)
- Or Litter (December 2011) (Ch Cairncross Skyline Inn Sync x GCh Anamacara Love Me or Leave Me CD RE CGC)
- I’m Litter (November 2009) (Ch Redking’s Double Dog Dare x Ch U-Ch Anamacara Kiss Me I’m Irish CD RE CGC)
- Star Litter (September 2009) (Ch Anamacara Tell Me Your Secrets CD REA3 CGC x Ch U-Ch U-CD Anamacara Earth Moon and Stars CD REA CGC)
- Me Litter (July 2007) (Ch Jewelset’s Second Attraction x Ch U-Ch Anamacara Kiss Me I’m Irish CD RE CGC)
- Earth Litter (April 2005) (Ch Tealwood Special Edition X Ch U-Ch U-CD Shangrila’s Wall St Darling CD RA CGC TDI)
- Kiss Litter (January 2023) (Ch Camelot’s Walk on the Wild Side x Ch U-Ch U-CD Shangrila’s Wall St Darling CD RA CGC TDI)